How can you make your
home and the environment GREEN ?
Caliber Construction, Inc. installs a wide variety of
products manufactured by companies that are concerned
with the environment and conserving energy. For many
years we have supplied homes with high efficiency products
95% + efficiency furnaces, on-demand water heaters,
windows and doors with Low-E glass and composite wood decking. We use materials efficiently for the least amount of waste, dispose of debris properly and recycle. Each year we donate to an organization that is commited to saving our
planet - Investing in the future of our planet through conservation efforts throughout the world preserves our planet for future generations.
Situation: Air Leaks, Drafts
Solution: “Sealing and insulating the "shell" of your home —
its outer walls, ceiling, windows, doors, and floors — is often the most cost effective way to improve energy efficiency and comfort. ENERGY STAR estimates that a knowledgeable homeowner or skilled contractor can save up to 20% on heating and cooling costs (or up to 10% on their total annual energy bill) by sealing and insulating.” -Energy Star
* Adding insulation blocks heat loss in winter.
* Properly Insulated Attics can reduce heat loss and save
up to 20% on energy bills.
* Replacing old windows, doors and skylights (they can
cause up to 21% of air leakage) with ENERGY STAR
efficient products that have Low-E glass.
* Installation of vinyl siding with foam board insulation.
Situation: High energy bills
Solution: “One reason for high energy bills is an increase in the price of electricity or heating fuel. However, it is common to trace high energy bills to an in-efficient component (windows, heating and cooling equipment, ducts insulation) of your home or a failure of one of these components to perform as intended. It is not always easy to pin-point the problem, but fixing it can make your home more energy-efficient and comfortable.” – Energy Star
* Purchase Appliances that are ENERGY STAR rated
(they use about 25% less energy).
* Don’t leave the refrigerator door open for long periods
of time, those extra seconds waste energy.
* Turn Down the temperature on your Water Heater to
120 degrees F.
* Turn Off the Lights when you leave a room.
* Replace the light bulbs in your highest usage lights with
ENERGY STAR CFL bulbs.
* Install an ENERGY STAR qualified programmable
thermostat and use it to save energy while you are
away at work.
* Replace or repair Kitchen and Bathroom Faucets that
drip after turned off.
* Turn Off the Water when you are brushing your teeth.
* Plant Trees and Shrubs to provide shade in summer.
* Contact your utility company and ask if they offer any
programs to help lower energy bills.
Click on Manufacturer Links:
( Manufacturer’s Certification Statement )
ANDERSEN Windows & Doors
CLOPAY Garage Doors
PELLA Windows & Doors
10 tips for better gas mileage
There are ways you can get better gas mileage out of our vehicles – which will save you money in the long run,according to Edmunds.com, an online resource for automotive information.